Saturday, May 15, 2010

Open House Invite Word Book


I wanted to share the Open House invitation that I made for my dear friend's daughter.  I made 50 for her and I think they liked them.  It's hard to imagine that she is graduating, she is supposed to stay little forever. I am sure that she is going to do great things.

I used Design Studio to create this invitation. I started with the square from George and welded shadow letters from Base Camp. Then I added the regular Base Camp letters (with no shadow) to the pages. Each page was adjusted to see each letter at the edge of the pages.


After cutting all the pages and letters I glued the letters to the pages. The picture with Open House and open house detail pages were printed and layered.

The 2010 shadow was welded with Design Studio and the white numbers were then adjusted to fit on the shadows. I placed the 2010 over some decorative ribbon.

The book was then stapled with oversize embellishment staples.  I didn't add a lot of extra embellishments since there were a few layers and I wanted it to go through the mail without being mangled.

The finished size is 4" - 5-1/2"

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Susan said...

These are wonderful. You did a great job of using design studio. I like this idea for an open house invite. YOU might need to remember it for my son's grad next year!