Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Card

It's Palm Sunday & I am actually getting ahead on some projects I wanted to work on.  I made this card for my mom for Easter.  Her favorite flowers are Daffodils, so I couldn't resist.

I was inspired by Cindy Royal's cards she shows on her blog:   She creates the most incredible cards.

I purchased the Daffodil Easter pic from Twisted Papers.  Their web site is:  They have hundreds of vintage card fronts to download for a nominal price. They also have a great monthly newsletter that you can sign up for that offers free downloads every month.

After downloading the pic and printing it, I fussy cut the entire bunch of Daffodils and then cut some individual flowers and triple layered them with pop dots.  The top layers were adhered at an angle.  Sorry the pic doesn't show the depth (still working on camera settings).

I ran the flower section through the Cuttlebug using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and then the yellow was embossed using Quickutz Diamonds & Dots folder.  I thought that it looked a little like a trellis.

I cut the corners using EK Success Cardcreator Interlaced corner punch. These punches are made to cut all four corners of a card without cutting both layers of the card.  Although I ended up cutting both layers anyway when I realized that you can't write on dark green cardstock.  If you want to see how they work and other styles, you can find them on . They have a great website with easy to follow how-to videos.

Thanks for looking.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Seafoam w/String

Seafoam w/String

February's Card of the Month swap theme was Seafoam with String.  I had all kind of ideas about the ocean and water and the usual, but I have to admit that my final idea came from a card that I saw in Archiver's last month.  The link to the card and instructions for their card is HERE.

As you know I have been trying to use supplies I have on hand, so I didn't spend the $$$ to make Archiver's card as they showed it.  Instead I used the Bird on Stems Cuttlebug folder I have had for a long time.  I inked the folder on the raised side with Versa Magic Chalk Ink using the colors: Spring Pansy, Sea Breeze, Aquatic Splash & Aloe Vera.  Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug using two pieces of white cardstock.  I think using the two sheets of cardstock inked the page better.  I used string & eyelets that I've had forever to finish off the card.  The finished card is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Project 365 Layouts

I finally got my first two layouts done for the Project 365.  I've had them done for a week or so, but I was having trouble taking a clear picture.  Pretty ironic when this project is about taking better pics..... LOL.  I was excited to use some of my Cricut Cartridges that I haven't used before.  Pretty bad when you have had them for a while & not even used them.  I used the flourishes from Home Accents.  I cut them and then cut chipboard to bring them out a little.  I used Printing 101 for the day numbering on the second layout.  I'm trying to get caught up, and think that I'm on my way now.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Cards for Soldiers

I was working on some cards for soldiers yesterday and used another cartridge that I forget about all the time.  Graphically Speaking is such a great cart.  There a lot of simple cuts that are great on cards as well as layouts.  If you are interested in making cards for soldiers, you can find the information on the Cricut website HERE.  This thread has the current 'challenge'.  Please take a look as see what they are up to.  It is a great way to support our soldiers and it means so much to them.  If you are interested, just post to the thread & the gals there will get you all of the information.