Saturday, May 1, 2010

NSD Challenge #6 - "Kids Craft Too"


So it's almost 9:30 PM and I'm just getting my first challenge project posted for the National Scrapbook Day Challenges at My Pink Stamper.  The Challenge: make something with a child or for a child.

This card start out being a card for the "Mother Dear, I love you so" challenge #1, but it just went a whole different direction.  I started making this card at 4:00 this afternoon, after a day of 2 hours of Zumba, and my son's ISSMA Orchestra Contest this afternoon.  I just couldn't get thing finished.  So 5 hours later, I decided I would use this as the childs challenge instead.

I'm going to give this card to my 15 yr old son.  I always use goofy words in sentences to see if he is paying attention or to annoy him.  Not very difficult to do when they are 15.  I'll give it to him tomorrow and see if he is paying attention.

The lobster is cut at 3" from "From My Kitchen".  The paper is from KI Memories Designer Paper Pad. The letters are cut from Alphalicious.  I cut all the pieces from Design Studio to get the right size and to see how every thing would fit before I cut them.  The black paper is The Paper Company, Black and the Blue is Die Cuts with A View, Blue #2.  The finished card size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

1 comment:

Susan said...

Five hours of work on this card and it shows!!! I do love it, especially the plaid lobster.