Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Seafoam w/String


Seafoam w/String

February's Card of the Month swap theme was Seafoam with String.  I had all kind of ideas about the ocean and water and the usual, but I have to admit that my final idea came from a card that I saw in Archiver's last month.  The link to the card and instructions for their card is HERE.

As you know I have been trying to use supplies I have on hand, so I didn't spend the $$$ to make Archiver's card as they showed it.  Instead I used the Bird on Stems Cuttlebug folder I have had for a long time.  I inked the folder on the raised side with Versa Magic Chalk Ink using the colors: Spring Pansy, Sea Breeze, Aquatic Splash & Aloe Vera.  Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug using two pieces of white cardstock.  I think using the two sheets of cardstock inked the page better.  I used string & eyelets that I've had forever to finish off the card.  The finished card is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

1 comment:

Susan said...

Neat that you used a new technique and it looks great. Wonderful card.