Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Card?

First I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are getting ready for 2010. I'm sure you are wondering why I am posting a card  for Valentine's Day when it is titled Christmas Card?  Well, I "received" a Score Pal for Christmas as part of a gift certificate, so I thought this card may count sorta as Christmas.

I made this card using the Score Pal for the embossed lines around the edge of the card.  I am sure that most of you have used a Score Pal or own one, but if you would like to see what they are all about, you can see them at http://www.scor-pal.com/.  I have been pretty stubborn about buying one for quite some time.  I have been using an old cutter with an embossing tool.  I have to say this was so much easier and accurate that the old way.

The cuts were made with my Cricut.  I was originally going to use the heart with love cut from Paper Pups until I realized that I had leant the cartridge to a friend.  So I used Cricut Design Studio and welded the silhouette heart from George with the Love from Home Accents cartridges.  I then cut the flowers from George.  The white flower centers & the white dots were done with a white Sakura Souffle pen. 

I am making these cards for Cards for Soldiers.  The link to that thread is here on the Cricut.com message board.  The cards are made for our soldiers to send to their loved ones back home since they have limited access to a card shop.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I didn't know you got the scor-pal!! This is a great card. Love the cuts and the score lines.

Jenni said...

i really got to get a Scor-Pal one of these days! love the card!

JennifersMomJoyce said...

I really like this Leslie.

JennifersMomJoyce said...

Nice Job Leslie.

Enfys said...

This is gorgeous, simple and elegant. I love my scor pal too, so versatile.
big hugs
En x